Rental Riding Information — 719-333-4607
Boarding Information — 719-472-8639
With the Rampart Range as both its playground, the Academy Equestrian Center awaits those who want to ride the Rockies! Situated just a few miles from downtown Colorado Springs, the Academy's full-service center offers 44,000 acres of majestic beauty in which to ride. Trail riders can ride on the 1,000 acres of trails on base or take off for the back country of the adjacent Pike National Forest. The Equestrian Center also offers special events such as horsemanship seminars, twilight horseback rides, organized trail rides and hay rides. Full and partial care boarding is available. Horses are available for lease by the season during the fall and winter.
The Equestrian Center hosts the AFA Cadet Equestrian Team and works closely with the Center for Character Development, Make a Wish Foundation, Scouts and other community organizations. Major improvements, including new barns and corrals, have recently been completed south of the existing facilities. The Equestrian Center is located south of the Pine Valley housing area and west of Air Academy High School.
Academy Equestrian Center features:
- Boarding vacancies in a gated community with access to over 44,000 acres for trail riding!
- Stalls with runs in the upper barns - Rates are $285 for self-care or $410 for full care.
- Stalls in the courtyard - Rates are $285 for self-care or $385 for full care
- Rates are on a month basis.
The Academy Equestrian Center offers classes in Western Horsemanship that include:
- One hour riding lesson
- instruction in grooming, saddling, and proper etiquette
- Ages 8 and older may take lessons. Children younger than 8 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
- Protective headgear for children is mandatory and provided
- Participants need to wear heeled shoes and long pants. They should bring sunscreen and appropriate jacket
- Cost of each lesson is $45 for a group lesson, $55 for a private lesson, to be paid in advance
Our current programs at the USAF Academy Equestrian Center include:
- Wounded Warrior
- Equine Assisted Learning and Therapy (mental health oriented) for wounded warriors and their families
- Cadet Leadership and Character Development through horsemanship"Make-a-Wish" opportunities
- Scout Horsemanship Badge